People say nothing can prepare parents for parenthood, but this can.
Birth is one of the first - and biggest - mountains most couples will ever face together. But the journey doesn't end there. In fact, it's just beginning. There will be many more mountains for them to climb. Because along with the abundant joys, the truth is that the journey into parenthood also brings lots of change and some unexpected challenges for tired and time-poor parents to navigate and overcome. Some will be faced with new and unexpected stresses that can lead to further issues down the track, including relationship problems, anxiety and depression.
But what if we could prepare couples ahead of time to avoid or minimise the pitfalls? Or even better, know how to manage their first few years of becoming a family in ways that made them stronger together?
What if we could guide couples on a path, a best way through the steep and rocky mountains? A reliable path that leads to a peaceful place where they can stop and rest for as long and as often as needed?
Becoming Us™ is a unique online training program which equips perinatal professionals to prepare, guide and support expecting couples into their parenthood adventure. We currently have two wonderful training options available: Becoming Us™ Professional Development Training and the Becoming Us™ Facilitator Training Program. Both options are designed especially for Birth, Health, Mental Health, Parenting and Educational professionals who work with expecting or new parents to provide learners with a mix of:
- Evidence-based information, landmark studies and latest international research.
- A unique learning experience to provide inspiration and ideas to expand ways of working with clients.
- Webinar sessions with videos sent to your inbox.
- Experiential exercises and simple self-reflection tasks to integrate learning.
- A supportive online professional community of local and international peers.
- Continuing Professional Development Points.
- Practical strategies (including handouts and resources) to use immediately with clients.
Becoming Us™ Professional Development Training
Designed for professionals seeking completely self-paced, on-line training to integrate into your own way of working with clients, you can decide to do further study at a later date.
Level I: Seed Planting Toolkit
- Learn how to prepare your clients for the inevitable changes and challenges in the Parenthood Adventure.
- Potentially expand your own services with targeted interventions.
- Learn how to reduce the risks for perinatal anxiety, depression and birth trauma in mothers, fathers and partners.
- Only 4 Sessions
- 6 Continuing Professional Development points (check for your organisation).
- Handouts and resources to use immediately with your clients.
- The option to continue on with Level II and III at a later date.
Click here for information about Level I, Level II and Level III of the Becoming Us Professional Development Training sessions
The Becoming Us™ Facilitator Training Program
For those who prefer to be part of a supportive class and also have the option for self-paced on-line training when life gets in the way, our Facilitator Training also provides the option to run the innovative Becoming Us™ 5 session Parents Program with groups in your community. The Becoming Us Facilitator Training Program only runs twice per year and includes:
- 14 webinar sessions which includes Level I, Level II and Level III of the Becoming Us Professional Development Training as above (click here for more information) PLUS:
- Live online discussions and Q&As that are also recorded if you can't make it at the time.
- The option to run the Becoming Us™ Parents Program as a
Certified Becoming Us™ Facilitator.
- Ongoing collaboration and support through our private Becoming Us Village Elders Facebook Group for Facilitators, to get your practice up and running.
- Accredited for 24 Continuing Professional Development points (check for your organisation).