People say nothing can prepare parents for parenthood, but this can.
Birth is one of the first - and biggest - mountains most couples will ever face together. But the journey doesn't end there. In fact...it's just beginning. There will be many more mountains for them to climb.
Because along with the abundant joys, the truth is that the journey into parenthood also brings lots of change and some big unexpected challenges for tired and time-poor parents to navigate and overcome.
For some parents, weeks and months of confusion, overwhelm, fatigue and having to deal with new and unexpected stresses can lead to further problems down the track including relationship problems, anxiety and depression.
What if we could prepare couples ahead of time to avoid or minimise the pitfalls. Or even better, to know how to manage their first few years of becoming a family in ways that made them stronger together?
What if we could show couples which expectations to pack and take with them and which ones to leave at the door?
What if we could guide couples on a path, a best way through the steep and rocky mountains? One that could lead them to a peaceful place where they can stop and rest for a while?
Becoming Us TM is a unique online training program which equips perinatal professionals to prepare, guide and support expecting couples into their parenthood adventure. We have two wonderful training options available:
The Becoming Us Seed Planting Toolkit
Designed for Childbirth Educators, Doulas, Midwives, Birth and other professionals who work with expecting couples or couples who are trying to conceive.
- Learn how to prepare your clients for the inevitable changes and challenges in the Parenthood Adventure.
- Potentially expand your own services with targeted interventions.
- Learn how to reduce the risks for perinatal anxiety, depression and birth trauma in mothers, fathers and partners.
- Only 4 Sessions with (optional) further study at a later date. This option is completely self-paced learning that you can spread out over time and pick up or put down as suits you.
- 6 Continuing Professional Development points from the Australian College of Midwives (check for other organisations).
- Learn how to plant the seeds of your new knowledge into your existing way of working with expecting parents.
- Handouts and resources to use immediately with your clients.
- Be a part of a supportive online professional community.
Sign up to our LIVE Level I training thanks to NACEF!
The Becoming Us Facilitator Training Program
Designed for Birth, Health, Mental Health or Therapy Professionals, Parenting, Relationship or Life Coaches who work with expecting parents, new parents or those with a young family to facilitate their transition into parenthood.
- Provides 14 sessions of a unique learning experience that includes Level I (above), plus Levels II and III (click here for more information).
- Accredited for 24 Continuing Professional Development points (check for your organisation).
- Self-paced study with videos sent to your inbox weekly.
- Resources and handouts.
- Live online discussions and Q&As that are also recorded if you can't make it at the time.
- Experiential exercises and simple reflective tasks to integrate learning.
- Ongoing collaboration and support through our private Becoming Us Facilitator's Facebook Group.
- Practical strategies and resources (including client handouts) that you
- can use immediately with your clients.
- The option to run the Becoming Us™ Parents Program as a